Adsense

Monday 24 February 2014

Dear mum I didn’t drink and drive (not a joke)


I seen this and had to share it, I am against drink driving and this poem very sad

i went to a party, mom i remembered what you said,  you told me not to drink mom, so i drank sprite

instead. i felt really proud inside mom, the way you said i would. i didn’t drink and drive mom, even though

others said i should, i know i did the right thing mom. i know you’re always right. now the party’s finally

ending and everyone’s driving out of sight. as i got into my car, mama, i knew i’d get home in one piece.

because of the way you raised me, so responsible and sweet. i started to pull out of the driveway, but as i

pulled into the road; i guess the other car didn’t see me, mom, and hit me like a load. as i lay on the

pavement, i heard the policeman say, “the other guy’s drunk.” and now i’m the one who will pay. i’m lying

here dying, mom. i wish you’d get here soon. how could this happen to me, mom? my life just burst like a

balloon. there’s blood all around me, mom and most of it is mine. i hear the medic say, “this girl’s gonna die.”

so, mom, i just wanted to tell you, i swear i didn’t drink. it was the others, mom. they didn’t even think! he

was probably at the same party as me, only difference is he drank and i will die. why do people drink and

drive? it can ruin your life. im feeling sharp pains now, pains just like a knife. the guy who hit me is walking,

mom and i really don’t think it’s fair. i’m lying here dying and all this guy can do is stare? tell my brother not

to cry, mom. tell daddy i said be brave and when i go to heaven, i want ‘daddy’s girl’ put on my grave.

someone should have told him, not to drink and drive. if only they had told him, i’d still be alive. my breath is

getting shorter, mommy. im becoming very scared. please don’t cry for me, mama. when i needed you, you

were always there. i have one last question, ma, before i say goodbye. i didnt drink and drive, so why am i

the one to die?





No comments:

Post a Comment